Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Busy Bee

This was my first photo of SB since late November when I took her Christmas pictures.  She's growing up and if not for my mom, I wouldn't have much of a record of the past few months because I have taken no pictures.  Mom takes pictures of her every Friday when she stays with her for the day.  Because I'm fairly confident that she takes pictures every week, I haven't worried about it.  Mom's photos are great for the most part.  SB doesn't make it easy.          
Work has kept me entirely too busy lately.  Our student art show is fast approaching and my students are never ready early.  I blame myself.  I have a hard time saying "no" to any student who wants to try to do something better days before things are due.  I end up staying after school every day until the very last minute urging them to work faster.  They tend to take the pressure as well as I do.

The word "yes" seems to fall out of my mouth freely for any reason whatsoever.  I have trouble turning anything down.  It's not so much that I feel pressured into doing some task, it's just that I like a challenge.  

Some of those "yesses" include:
-making a beauty pageant costume look like a head of cotton; I couldn't resist. 
-making a 4 tier wedding cake.  (I will never make another wedding cake again if I have any say in the matter.)
-have another exhibit of my artwork with no current pieces to speak of.
-exhibit my students work when it isn't required.

...and now I will abruptly end this typing spree because I'm really
t i  r   e   d  .  .  .


 

No comments:

Post a Comment