Sunday, November 28, 2010

Elf on the Shelf Shirt

This is what I've always perceived the Elf on the Shelf to look like because it has been in my family since I was a kid.  I have no idea how old he is, but Green Guy's the real deal.  My grandpa gave me this guy (along with two others just like him) last Christmas.  He and my grandma used to hang them on their tree. 

The elf on the shelf below (Red Guy) came along a few years ago and I'm still not sure what the "tradition" is but he's not quite as cute as my green striped guy.  Ok, Red Guy's a little less creepy than Green Guy.  I might rather find him staring at me from different places in the house, than Green Guy.

 

The reason they are even mentioned in this post is because of the shirt I made below.  I got this knit striped fabric and really wanted to use it to make a shirt.   I made a a pattern for myself and sewed away.  It fits well and is really cute . . .except for the fact that it reminds me of Green Guy.   When I wear it, I keep waiting for someone to tell me I belong in Santa's workshop.



No comments:

Post a Comment