Monday, July 11, 2011

Straight Hair, Lovely Dress, Beautiful Girl

Sometimes SB lets me play with her hair and dress her up like a little doll.  I decided to see if she would put up with me straightening her hair with a flat iron for church.  It's hard to tell how long her hair really is when it curls up.  Those lovely locks reach her waist!  I'm so tempted to cut it sometimes.

This dress is the one I made for Jason's wedding.  I really love the way it turned out. Very "vintagey".  (I don't think vintagey has made it in the dictionary yet.)  Aunt Alli made the hair clip which has frayed ends hanging from it.  I love 'em.

Do you wonder as much as I do how great it would be to get a genuine smile from her?  She's really a happy child.  She sings all the time, loves to play, and can't get enough kisses.   The photos speak lies!!!
Putting up with me...

...getting more annoyed...

...bribed with candy...

...threatened and bribed.  I'll have to try a new combo next time.
Do you notice the background?  That is my new floor.  It's what I've been doing for the last month and why my back hurts and why I haven't blogged and why I may need to be institutionalized soon.

1 comment:

  1. gosh I just LOVE that first photo! She is such a beautiful little girl and while you may see 'no smile' I see 'timeless'and blue eyes that pierce!

    ReplyDelete