Saturday, June 19, 2010

Budding Artist/ Obsessive Hygiene

So if you know my girl then you know she hates to get dirty.  That being said, we had some time to work on her obsession with personal hygiene.  Being an artist myself, I really want some of my strengths to come through in her so we took a trip to Hobby Lobby and bought some tempera paint (paint I have never owned due to it's cheap, temporary quality.)  For this, however, tempera was just right - no permanent stains, easy clean up, quick wash off the hands in the event of a panic. 

In the left photo, the hand holding the brush is obviously smeared with red paint.  She's not that messy.  I smeared it on her to break the ice and let her know that it was ok to get a little messy.  It took some convincing and some fake laughs on my part but she was ok.

In the right photo she's wearing Daddy's white tshirt whenever she gets the fever to create. She calls it her "paint dress".   She likes it.  You can see that there is a paint brush for every color and that none of the colors are mixed and dirty with other colors.  We established that rule early on so that colors would stay pure. 
She follows the rules gladly talking to herself as she goes along... "Now blue.  Ok. Let's put blue on the page.  Oh beautiful.  Now green.  Get the green brush.  Ok.  Oooh.  So pretty.  I love to paint."  Then, when she gets a dot of paint on her hand...  "WIPE IT OFF!  WIPE IT OFF, MOMMY!"  Once I wipe them clean we're back to, "Ok.  Now the red one..." and so on.

More beach pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment