Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Black Ruffle Pants

I went to Hobby Lobby for the sole purpose of looking for this particular ruffled knit fabric.  I went to the spot where I saw it last, but it was gone.  Disappointed, I glanced around to see if I could find something similar when my eye caught the very thing I was looking for.  It was in the discount bin!  I picked it up to find that the entire remains of the bolt was $5.  Yippee!  I got two yards (regular $13.99 a yard) for $5!  What a steal!  They also had white so I snagged that too since it was the same price. 
Here are my awesome $5 pair of pants.
It literally took me 30 minutes to make these.  I deconstructed a pair of warm up pants and used them as a template.  The hardest part was cutting, but it really wasn't that bad.  There was no need to hem anything although I did make a waist band so I could feed elastic through to keep them up.  The material is super stretchy so mistakes are hard to find.  These might be my new favorite black pants/capris.  They are SOOO comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment