Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Belle

Since my sister Katee is so pregnant and overdue, I feel sorry for her.  She could ask me for anything and I'd probably do it for her.  Lilly Mae asked me to make her a Belle dress.  How could I turn her down. 

Crazy enough, this dress cost me less than $6 to make.  It's got four layers of various types of material from knit to netting to satin to tulle and has some hot fix crystals too.  I enjoyed making this so much because all I had to go by was some basic measurements over the phone.  There was no pattern, only one of SB's princess books to reference.  I hope it looks enough like Belle, LM.

It cost so little I had some stuff in my stash I figured I might one day use, and because of my sweet neighbor who thought of me and found this yellow satin at Hobby Lobby for a mere $2 a yard.  She bought almost three yards and gave it to me.  What a blessing!  Katee and LM you can thank my neighbor Neila. 

No comments:

Post a Comment