Saturday, October 30, 2010

Nurse/Candy Striper Costume

Dorthy? No.
 My school hosted a family fun Halloween night this past week.  Costumes were definitely a must.  I was looking for some inspiration from the internet for a candy striper costume, but most options were not even PG-13 rated.  Here's my more conservative/ mod/ retro take on a candy striper costume.

My job at the event was to paint faces so I've spent some time practicing.  This horse was by far my most elaborate undertaking and it was painted a few hours before we even opened for business.  Marian, one of my students, wanted a horse to go with her cowgirl costume.  I tried to talk her into something more simple, but no - a horse.  She wanted a horse.
Even though he got washed off later that evening, he will live on in this post forever.  My favorite part is that he is attached to the wood post on the other side of her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment