Monday, February 16, 2009

Pleased to Meetcha!


...ME!
I’m starting this blog to chronicle my creative processes…while trying my hand at making anything and everything. By way of introduction, I have a degree in art education, and I teach talented art in my local public school system. It’s really nice because I teach a small group of extremely talented students – the cream of the crop (I love my job)! I’ve done professional photography, graphic design, and sold my paintings online and in galleries across the southeast United States. I’ve been married for 11 years to a wonderful guy, and after 6 years of trying we finally have a beautiful baby girl (9 months old). She’s inspired me to new outlets for my creativity, namely sewing, making baby toys, shoes, stationery, and accessories. I’m a Christian, saved by faith alone in Christ alone, and am constantly amazed that He’s adopted me.

As far as this blog is concerned, here’s what you can expect: Thoughts on art, design, motherhood, sewing, photography, creativity and its role in glorifying God, education, maybe even the occasional book review, or something I find funny, or whatever else I feel like throwing in there. This is mainly to log my personal journey…but maybe you’ll find it inspiring, or at least entertaining…maybe some dialogue will spring from this blog that will benefit us all…that’s my hope, anyway.

Be sure to visit often, and leave comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment