Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Lord's Day

Lilly

Today I went to visit my sister and her family for the afternoon. We live 2 hours apart and don't get to see each other very often. She has a 2 year old daughter named Lilly who has recently taken a liking to her Children's Bible. Lilly's not a fluent conversationalist, but she know's how to get her point across. Katee, my sister, says that when she carries her Bible around, she repeatedly says, "I have Jesus" and when she is looking for her Bible she says, "I need Jesus."

We met at a restaurant on the river today. There were ducks swimming outside, so we all went to feed them some leftover bread. Katee gathered her things and placed the bread on top of Lilly's Bible because her hands were already full. Someone said, "Now when you try to feed the ducks, it's going to make 5000 pieces." Katee mentioned then that she and Lilly had just read about Jesus feeding 5000 people. When talking about the story Lilly said, "Mommy, Jesus cook."


A child's response to the Bible and to the Lord's tugging at their heart is so convicting. I wish I realized more often that I have Jesus in His word and I need Jesus constantly. One of my constant prayers is that the Lord would make me conscious of His presence in my daily life. If He is always on my mind, I'm sure I'll be quicker to walk uprightly before Him... and everybody else for that matter.
Psalm 130:5
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.

1 comment: