Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Dress

My mom and I went shopping at a fabric store where we found this drapery fabric with embroidered ladybugs on it. I loved it so my mom bought it as a gift (for me to make something and for SB to wear.) I made Sarah Beth a new outfit out of this ladybug fabric recently and wanted to take her picture in it.

Well Sarah Beth has become somewhat camera shy, or just plain difficult to photograph. Now that she's mobile, she really doesn't sit two seconds in one spot. I can't tell her, "Just stay here and let Mommy get 1 good picture, then you can go play." No, before I finish asking she's off chasing something that is of utmost importance to her. Her daddy and I worked together to get the best cooperation we could out of her. He would run around placing her while I tried to make her look at me.

SB not wanting to be photographed and letting me know it.

On top of her not wanting to show off her new dress, she has found new ways to make noises and funny faces with her tongue. In most of the pictures I took of her, she has a bottom lip issue: poking out, sucking in, crooked...or her mouth is wide open in protest of my asking her to smile.


"I have smiled ONE TOO MANY TIMES, MOMMY! This is my best."

The photos above were taken on my bathroom floor. It was the place with the fewest distractions. We tried outside, but she couldn't help but squint the whole time.


Serious and sassy, SB!

The picture above was pure accident. She doesn't pose for anything. This one was taken in my bedroom because we knew she would like the chair. You still can't see the dress very well, but she's so cute.


Here are a few more random pics from the same shoot. No more hand made dress, just some cute clothes Todd's mom got her.

If you've ever tried your hand at children's photography, you know how challenging it can be. I once sat for 4 hours trying to get a friend's kids to quit crying all at the same time. In the end, SB was still a good subject even if I never got a good smile out of her. Those somber expressions are just as priceless to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment