Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sleepwalking

Since Christmas, SB, my sweet baby girl, has decided that sleeping alone cramps her style. Her daddy and I feel a little differently about the matter. We decided to let her cry it out and she finally got the hang of this sleeping thing, but things have gradually taken a turn for the worse.

Lots of times I wake up in the morning and ask my lovey hubby, how she got in our bed. He tells me I did it. Well... I don't remember doing it.
When I was a kid I used to sleep walk a lot. In fact, once I woke up with mud on my feet and the front door of my house ajar. I often got ready for school and woke up wondering how I had completely gotten ready for the day that hadn't quite come yet. Once, I confessed a secret to my mom in my sleep that I hadn't planned on admitting quite yet. "Mom, I lost my flute at school..." I still wonder where it went.
SB doesn't care how she makes it to our bed, she just wants to be there. This sleepwalking thing doesn't lend it self to consistency in child rearing. I'm at a loss, but we plan on letting her cry it out over the Mardi Gras holidays. I'll be glad when it's over...unless...

1 comment:

  1. yeah, eddie and I did the crying it out thing and we had two bad nights, but after that it was fabulous. I feel your pain. Oh, and Sarah Beth is beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete