Sunday, July 18, 2010

iPhone Craze

Yesterday Mom, SB, and I went shopping and to a restaurant to eat lunch.  Sarah Beth has been under the weather for what seems like the entire summer.  I thought she was feeling better so we went out to get some fresh air (shopping).   She was a pretty good sport about the whole thing and put up with our wandering for an hour or so.  We rewarded her with a good lunch and some window shopping for toys.  I am blessed to say that she is almost always willing to put something back on the shelf after handling it for a few seconds.  If you ask if she wants something she will generally say, "No. Put it back."  It's always a reminder to me about my own contentment.
Anyway, I looked at my phone to see what time it was and, wow! it was 1:00.  I knew it was well past her lunch time and she was probably really hungry, not to mention, not feeling well either.  I gave her my phone to play with while we waited for our order to come to the table.  She was quiet and never said a word about having to wait.  It was nice because my mom and I could hold a conversation. 
The party at the table next to us noticed how small she was and how easily she could work her way around on the phone.  It's true.  She's a little more than 2, can't read yet, and can navigate the phone like a pro.   The crazy thing is that all together she's probably spent 2 hours total on the phone playing games since I've had the phone.  Apple should advertise the iPhone as something "even a 2 year old can work."  Kids are truly amazing.  I wonder if I was that smart when I was her age.

No comments:

Post a Comment