Monday, July 12, 2010

Sew and Tell Debut

I've been busy...sewing...so I'd like to show you my work (bashful).   I plan to post a series of things I've sewn...maybe some with tutorials.   All of these were taken by my hubby in the kitchen.  He was a real sport and got up about ten times to photograph each new piece of clothing I put on.  Thank you, Dear!
So here's the first post.  Note: They will be posted in no particular order.


I made this vest last summer and recently finished the edges with some white yarn on my serger.  I saw this pattern on line last summer and decided to give it a try with some denim material that my mother-in-law got from the thrift store.  No harm done if it didn't come out because it didn't cost a thing.  I modified this thing so many times I couldn't tell you how to make it.  I LOVE the way it came out on the back.  The original pattern was not tailored enough for me so I added darts and pleats everywhere.  You can click on the photo for a more detailed view. 

Check back for more SEW and Tells.

No comments:

Post a Comment