Saturday, July 17, 2010

Serendipity Skirt

There's my face.  I plan to keep it off of most of my pictures, but here, you can see how much I like this skirt.  When I was in the store buying the fabric, there was another customer there who I began to talk with.  I told her I was using all of these fabrics in a skirt.  She began giving me looks of disapproval.  Then she got vocal about it.  She tried to explain to me how they wouldn't work together and grabbed other bolts of fabric to suggest in place of my current choices.  I still ended up with these.  Her suggestions were fun, but I like my concoction. 
About the pattern:  I bought the book Sew Serendipity by Kay Whitt.  I really like this book and it comes with all the pieces you need for the 18 or so patterns.  There are some cute shirts and jackets in the book too and she uses material from designers I really like so the finished pieces are beautiful.  I believe the book was released less than a month ago. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you about your fabric choices! I was just thinking that you had such a great eye to put those together and make them work. What a fun piece!

    ReplyDelete